Web analytics is a tool that allows us to collect, report and analyze data that’s generated from the digital properties that we control. Why is web analytics critical to your business success?
Like it or not, a big part of the world we now live in happens online. Our daily emails, our interaction over the internet with our laptops, tablets, phablets and more.
We research, we shop, we streamline media…we catch up on all social networks, we do our banking, read the news … the list goes on. Everything we do online leaves a trail of data behind it … somewhere, somehow – everything you’re doing is being tracked.
Through web analytics we analyze trails of tracked data that help us to optimize customer experiences and improve decisions around the content created on products or services being sold.
This is why it’s important to understand and analyze your website. Through web analytics, marketers go beyond counting hits and reviewing page views. Wikipedia describes web analytics as “the study of online behavior in order to improve it”. Web analytics is not just pretty pie charts & fancy reports…rather, it’s us finding insights about your website & taking action on how to improve it, based on those pretty reports.
By analyzing your website data we can help you:
- make decisions and find answers to questions about your website.
- dramatically improve your ability to understand and improve your website.
- evaluate your marketing efforts to determine how visitors are reaching your website and determine the value of each visitor.
- determine exactly how visitors are interacting with and using site content.
- reveal what pages are most valuable to your online users
- determine the value for all marketing ads, both online and offline
- monitor user behavior and determine what areas of your site are working well, and more importantly what areas are holding you back.
- define goals that allow us to identify quality traffic from poor performing traffic and improve conversion rates
Are you a website owner? Then ask yourself these questions:
- how’s your website performing?
- how can you take the raw data that’s been tracked … organize it into something that can be useful ‐ is actionable, and means something
- which marketing channels are driving your business?
- which devices are your users using?
If you can’t answer these questions, then let us assess your situation. Through Google web data analytics we are constantly analyzing, adjusting and improving the performance of your website; A process that will continuously evolve to keep up with the rapid changes in technology. Google provides help on how you can setup analytics and get started today.