Top 10 Techniques for the Basics of SEO Success
So what are our experts at Google saying are the top 10 techniques to SEO success?
Below is a short list of fundamental requirements that will help you with your SEO plan:
1. Optimize your website for your target audience NOT search engines
Search engines are looking for the best site for their users; the searchers. Keep this in mind with everything you do on your website.
2. Always research keywords and use the most relevant keyword phrases
Keywords that best describe the focus of the page and addresses your audience’s needs get actual searches that are not too competitive.
3. Categorize your site architecture and navigation
use a site architecture that is based on what’s most important, and use the best and most descriptive anchor text and alt attributes in your links that correlate with your keyword phrases.
4. Program your site to be “Crawler friendly”
5. Pay close attention to title tags, meta descriptions and page headlines
Make sure they are always using targeted keyword phrases.
6. Create a link-worthy site
Go beyond what everyone else in the industry is doing and create a comprehensive content in multiple forms.
7. Don’t worry too much about ranking
A successful SEO campaign goes beyond ranking. Due to Google’s complex algorithms – measuring success where ranking may change and vary at any given time is not the best approach.
8. Build and maintain online link partnerships with others
Build natural relationships with customers, partners and communities you participate in.
9. Get out into the social media world
Expand reach and drive traffic back to your website by promoting all of your good stuff on social media
10. Review web analytics and conversion tracking
Data analytics is essential. Frequently review data to see what’s working and what’s not. If it’s not working figure out why and try to replace it. For things that are working, try to repeat it elsewhere.
Learn how you can get started today with your SEO strategy. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have!
Get Marketing Insights to your Inbox
Boost visibility, outshine your competitors and attract more customers