- How did you arrive at running this business? What path brought you here? As far back as I can remember I have always wanted to be my own boss. I spent a number of years as a contractor outside of my full-time job, working at wee hours of the morning. It was in 2012 with a business plan and a leap of faith, that I started running my own business.
- What are you known for professionally? What do you have a knack for? Creativity, exceptional attention to detail, very knowledgeable and resourceful in multiple facets of internet development and marketing. I am a problem solver. I love being faced with new challenges, and being able to think through them both creatively and strategically.
- What’s the one problem you are best at solving for your clients? What do your clients say about you? Combining a creative and intuitive product that is functional and engaging. The consistent feedback from clients has been “a wealth of knowledge and understanding for both creativity (purposeful design) and technology.”
- Who have you worked with in the past? And what have you done for them? I have collaborated with a wide range of small businesses, offering services in internet development and marketing, as well as collateral (corporate identity and visual communication). I’ve formed strategic partnerships with a number of start-up to well-established small businesses. A wide range of services have been provided: logo design, corporate identity packages, website design and development, content marketing and internet marketing.
- How long have you been doing what you do? Almost 12 years of agency life, and three years of full-time business ownership.
- Why would I choose to work with you? I follow a unique business model that offers many benefits to my clients. As an independent consultant, I partner with other consultants to offer a full-suite of services and build sustainable, long-term relationships with clients. This is vastly different with the traditional business model based on an office setting with employers and employees. Today’s business world is driven by technology; we are in a mobile world that allows so much flexibility – for myself, my clients, my consultants and the wide audience across the world wide web. Thinking back to when I worked in larger organizations, I question how efficient it was having a dozen people sitting in a room, eyes glazed over, holding hours-long conference call meetings. Time is precious, and you’re far more conscious of it being a small business owner. Productivity is everything.
- What are you most passionate about professionally? What most excites you about your work and the contribution you can make? I love working with people. Just being able to come alongside businesses, and other like-minded professionals. I get really excited about being able to share their vision, and to be a strategic partner in their business growth and development.
- Where can we find you when you’re not working? What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend or a Sunday afternoon? Outside of work, I live a fairly active life. I am either in a gym, in hiking shoes, on a bike, on a sailboat or strapped into a snowboard … depending on the season. Spontaneously is how I like to spend a weekend, and that’s usually balanced between some form of outdoor activity, and some well-needed R&R with a book and mother nature.
- Where did you grow up and why aren’t you there now? I am originally from Jamaica. I am an island boy … spent 15 years there. Jamaica doesn’t quite fit in with the 20- year business plan … less opportunity there. However, with retirement, that’s another story. Ideally I would like to have a home there again; Jamaica is a beautiful island with a beautiful people and culture.
- Any volunteer activities you’re crazy about?
I was part of wonderful ministry in Milwaukee called “City On A Hill” for a couple years. Truly inspiring story about a doctor who gave up her successful career to work with the poor and the homeless within the city of Milwaukee. Lots of lives have been transformed as a result of the ministry.
- Any nonprofits you love, & why?
The Priceless Journey, a powerful ministry that speaks into the heart of others, and is pro-actively involved with providing healing to women who have been victimized by human trafficking. And The Ronald McDonald House Charities in Eastern Wisconsin. Ronald McDonald is a “home away from home” for families who are seeking medical care for their children at a Milwaukee-area hospital. Great staff, great mission, and a beautiful facility.
- Any awards or medals, or even medallions? Personal okay, too.
Personally received a few medallions for swimming. I use to be a competitive swimmer in my early teens. I miss those days …. hours of weekly practice with the ‘Marlins’ and competitive swim meets.
- What would be impossible for you to give up?
My faith in God.
- How do you want to be remembered?
Not complicated. Simple, and living out my faith in God.